Bellingham Family Fitzpatrick Seattle News Photos Comments Pacific-Standard-Time Tastiness Shrubbery Malcontent Only Wondering Spanish Literary Little Monkeys Together

Monday, February 07, 2005

A fairly entertaining first day....

Had my first day with the Whatcom County Library System (henceforth and forever foreward in this log to be known as WCLS) today, and saw what a three-person tech staff can do if they are organized enough. Wow, I'm very impressed with the techie-layout stuff and details I won't go into here. Nice to see that some places are actually working towards making life easier rather than harder for their employees!

Anyway, will spend the week learning the techie-equivalent of the "lay-of-the-land", and visiting all the sites (there are 8 plus the one I work in, which is the Administrative center) as well. Already have a few ideas of what needs to be done.

AND, even better....when I leave I go to the building immediately north of ours, and pick up the kids! Logistical heaven, I must say. I could get used to this.

Anyone have any overdue book fines they need taken care of?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? A well-organized group that doesn't torment employees? Such a thing exists?

Now I'm pissed.

Colin

Fitz's said...

Yes, but the catch is that I get to deal with librarians. You have your plusses and minuses...

About Me

My photo
Geoff: Lately I've found myself improving upon my ability to lose things. Also, I find that I truly shine in a closet full of three-toed sloths. Lise: School, kids, work, extracurriculars. Catalina: Gymnastics, Smarty Pants, reading everything in sight. Harleigh: V-migo, Mathematician, artist, actress.